To make the Fragrance Jelly:
1) Fill a container with 16 oz. of distilled water.
2) Pinch of table salt (optional, see step
3) Add 1 teaspoon of the Water-Gel
Crystals (Medium Blend).
4) Stir in 2-4 teaspoons fragrance oil.
Water based scents work just as well.
Some fragrance oils suppliers will cause issues so test on a
small sample first.
5) Add a few drops of food coloring for
Food coloring is found at your local grocery store.
Mix with liquid before adding crystals or stir in after gel has absorbed
Use which method that provides the best color effect that
Another method to color the gel is with cake icing coloring which is
found in most
craft stores and is available in numerous colors
into your jelly until desired color is achieved.
6) Mix all ingredients and allow to sit for several hours.
will soak up the water and expand into little gel-like pieces.
enough to fill two 8 oz. Jelly Jar with Fragrance
7) The addition of a pinch of salt has
been said to help preservation and may help
prevent the cloudy appearance that sometimes occur over time.
Jelly jars look cute
with lace, or thin material in the lids
(using only the rim and leaving out the middle piece).
This helps keep dust off your smelly jellies.
Pick a material that goes with your product theme, such as country.
Or you could pick a material to match the scents, like fruits, flowers,
9) You can also use Fragrance
Jelly in potpourri
warmers for an even stronger scent!