Q - Can I place candles into the crystal gel?
A - Water crystals work great with candles and
Q - Can I use with my live house plants?
A - Suggested plants include arrowroot, bamboo,
Chinese evergreen, dragon plant,
dracaena, palms, spider plants, dieffenbachia, and philodendrons.
DO NOT USE with cactus, succulents or orchids.
Q - How do I dispose of unwanted crystals?
A - To dispose of unwanted crystals simply pour the crystals into flower beds, gardens or mix into soil.
The gel crystals is a great additive for potting and garden soils.
Water-Gel Crystals is a non-toxic polymer substance that will not harm plants, grass or soil.
Crystal gel is extremely slippery when spilled.
Never flush or pour crystals or gel down the drain,
crystal swelling could possibly clog drain pipes.
Q - How much crystal gel will a 1 ounce package of the polymer make?
A - Add a 1 ounce package (6 teaspoons) of the dry crystal polymer powder to
1 gallon bottle of water.
Let it stand for about four hours (overnight is great).
The crystals will swell up and increase their weight by approximately 400 times.
use a sieve to strain off any surplus water and allow the crystals to drain for 2 hours.
Now you have a whole gallon of sparkling Gel Crystals.
Now put the crystals into a container or bowl, add candles,
flowers or some plants, finished!
You will notice that even an ordinary glass turns into a small wonder at the touch
of your hands.
Store the unused gel back into the gallon jug, replace cap and retain until you need some more.
Since you used distilled water, the crystals should remain usable for quite a while.
Store in a dark area until ready to use.
The gel can be easily colored (dyed) by just stirring in a few drops of food coloring or icing coloring.
Q - How long will the crystals last?
A - Length of life for decorative purposes (because of exposure to light)
is approximately 1-2 years.
If mixed in soil, it serves for about 7-9 years as a source for moisture retention.
Q - Is it safe for kids to use?
A - Water-Gel Crystals is a polymer gel powder (cationic polyacrylamide powder) and
repeat wet to dry cycles - it breaks down after its useful working life to water, carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitrogen.
Although non-toxic it should never be consumed or taken internally in either
its granule or its gelatinous forms.
It should never be used by children without constant adult supervision.